An email autoresponder is a feature that automatically sends a pre-set response to anyone who sends an email to a specific email address. It is commonly used to acknowledge receipt of an email, provide information, or set expectations about response times.
To configure an email autoresponder in cPanel, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Navigate to the "Email" section and find the "Autoresponders" icon or option.
- Click on "Autoresponders." You will be directed to a page where you can add and manage autoresponders for your email accounts.
- Click on "Add Autoresponder".
- Fill in the necessary details, such as:
- Email: Enter the email address for which you want to create an autoresponder.
- Interval: Select the interval at which you want the autoresponder to send responses, such as "Once every 6 hours" or "Once per day."
- Domain: Select the domain if you are hosting more than one domain in the same cpanel
- Email Subject: Enter the subject of the autoresponder email.
- HTML Body or Plain Text Body: Compose the content of the autoresponder email. You can choose to use HTML formatting or plain text.
- Customize the autoresponder message according to your needs. You can include information like acknowledgments, expected response times, alternative contact methods, or any other details you want to convey.
- Once you have entered all the required information, click on the "Create/Modify" or similar button to save the autoresponder settings.
That's it! Your email autoresponder is now set up and will automatically send the configured response to anyone who sends an email to the specified address.
Remember to consider your autoresponder message carefully and make sure it provides the necessary information while being concise and professional.